Admissions Newsletter

Living on Campus

Emily Bozogian, Student Blogger

When I first came to Morrisville, I had the option of dorming or commuting, it was a difficult decision to make. Home is only 28 minutes away. I battled with deciding whether I wanted to travel back and forth every day, or being on my own and having freedom, living on campus. I chose to live on campus and it has been one of the best decisions I’ve made.

During my first year, I lived in South Hall, which is one of the freshman halls. It’s comprised of all double rooms full of first year students. In the basement there’s a lounge with a flat screen television, pool table, foosball, and ping-pong. It was nice living in an environment where everyone was in the same boat, being away at college for the first time.

My last couple of years, I have been living in a single in Cayuga hall as pictured below. I love having my own space and my friends live nearby, so I never feel lonely. One of my favorite things about this dorm, is the location. It’s in the perfect spot, a short distance to get to anything, whether it’s to the academic halls or dining facilities.

Living on campus there is always activities going on to keep busy. The Student Activities office host a lot of on and off campus activities that go on during the weekends to keep us students busy outside the classroom. Typically once a week there’s an activity in the dorm, whether it’s something like cookie decorating, pumpkin painting, or tie dying. These dorm activities are nice, because it gives you the chance to meet your neighbors and the other people that live in the dorm.

Check out housing yourself at: