Morrisville State College

Admissions Newsletter

Renewable Energy

Chapman, Kenneth P

Ken Chapman, Admissions Marketing Assistant

Want to be on the cutting edge of the future of energy technology?

Morrisville State College’s Renewable Energy program offers students an advanced technical education in the rapidly growing field of renewable energy.

There are Associates and Bachelors programs available, each with huge employment potential. Students pursuing the Bachelor of Technology can choose from three different focus areas, including wind, solar or hydro, Bioenergy, or general tracks.

The program has birthed many exciting opportunities on campus. Renewable Energy, Agriculture Science and Agriculture Engineering students have installed and maintain a 10 kW windmill that powers the dairy complex. In typical Morrisville fashion, the 120′ windmill offers students the opportunity to roll up their sleeves and get hands-on experience with the exact technology they will encounter every day on the job.

Another neat piece of technology is the anaerobic methane digester. This device processes manure and other organic waste from campus and captures the fuel, largely methane, that is produced for burning. You can read more about this device here.

If the thought of doing your part to better the environment, while getting in on a rapidly growing work force, sounds good to you, check out the Renewable Energy program at MSC!

For more information, contact:

Benjamin Ballard-Director

315-684-6515

email: ballardbd@morrisville.edu

Philip Hofmeyer

315-684-6515

email: hofmeypv@morrisville.edu