Morrisville State College

Teacher Education (Transfer) TET

Are you considering going into teaching, but are not sure if it’s the right fit for you?

The Teacher Education (Transfer) program, or TET, is exactly what you are looking for!

The Liberal Arts and Sciences: Early Childhood, Childhood, and Adolescence Education (Teacher Education Transfer) programs are designed for students who want to begin their academic preparation to become elementary or high school teachers.

Today, preparing for a teaching career involves careful planning. Making informed career decisions, taking courses in one’s concentration, in psychology, in education and in general education, and preparing for teacher certification exams are vital steps to take. This program provides students with all the necessary academic components needed in the first two years of a collegiate teacher education program. It allows students to explore the possibilities through coursework and guided fieldwork in area schools. It prepares students to transfer nearly seamlessly into a four–year college teacher education program.

These degree programs, with concentrations in English, History or Social Studies, lead to an A.A. degree; those with Math, Biology or Chemistry majors lead to an A.S. degree.