Morrisville State College

Admissions Newsletter

Report: Morrisville State College ranks in top 10 of schools with highest internship rates

Chapman, Kenneth P

Chapman, Kenneth P

Ken Chapman, Admissions Marketing Assistant

Hands-on learning is the way of the future for colleges. This type of learning approach is proving to better prepare students for employment in the types of jobs they can expect to get right out of college.

Morrisville State College has a long and storied history of experiential learning, and we have just been recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the top institutions with the most interns.

MSC has been preparing students for the workplace since 1908, and with the college landscape changing to include more hands-on learning, Morrisville is now at the forefront of getting students prepared to work.

One of the primary ways MSC accomplishes this is by offering internships in various fields. US. News found that, as of 2013, an average of 38% of students took part in an internship during their college career. Morrisville State turned that number on its head, with 95% of undergraduate students participating in an internship!

That incredible number is just one more indicator that Morrisville State College is setting itself apart from other schools by giving students the tools they need to succeed in the workplace, as well as helping to get them placed in internships that will kick start their career!

For the full list and the U.S. News and World Report article, click here.