Morrisville State College

Admissions Newsletter

Morrisville State College welcomes rescued horses, donkeys

Chapman, Kenneth P

Chapman, Kenneth P

Franci Valenzano, Public Relations Associate

Sixteen horses and four donkeys recently began a new journey. It came in an army of faith, hope and love.

For a short time, they are “Lainey’s Horses,” named after Lainey’s Army, the animal organization instrumental in finding them their temporary home at Morrisville State College.

The animals, which came from a home in Stockbridge following complaints of neglect, were welcomed by dozens of MSC faculty, staff and students, who assisted with their arrival this morning.

The college is providing a pasture and temporary shelter for them, working with Lainey’s Army, a group organized to help and protect animals that have been mistreated or neglected across the country, which plans to help find them permanent homes.

“We are happy to provide this pasture and shelter for these animals and to assist law enforcement and this volunteer organization,” said Dr. Christopher Nyberg, Dean of the School of Agriculture, Sustainability, Business and Entrepreneurship. The animals are being kept separately on college property located near the campus.

“I see hope. Lots of hope right here,” said Nicole Marland through a steady stream of tears. Marland, who lives close to the house where the horses and donkeys came from, greeted some of the horses by name as they made their way off of trailers donated by generous volunteers after a quick call for help on Facebook to assist with their transport.

“You’re all awesome,” Marland said to those involved. “They now have this wonderful temporary home and we are so grateful. Today is the start of their new life.”

Chapman, Kenneth P

“We are going to do the best we can to help these guys out,” said Amber Pruchnik, an equine breeding student from Conn., one of many MSC students who came out to help.